Wegman, Hessler & Vanderburg
6055 Rockside Woods Boulevard, Suite 200
Cleveland, Ohio 44131 T: (216) 642-3342
F: (216) 520-0145
Mr. Holecek has tried numerous jury cases throughout the country, covering a wide spectrum of areas including product liability, commercial, real estate, employment, trade secret misappropriation, catastrophic personal injury, shareholder disputes and negligence cases.
In addition to trying cases, Mr. Holecek has argued numerous cases in appellate courts, including the United States Fifth, Sixth, and Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and various Ohio appellate courts. Mr. Holecek has received Martindale-Hubbell’s Highest Possible Rating in both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards, A-V. Mr. Holecek is board-certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA). Mr. Holecek has also been selected by his peers as “Ohio Super Lawyer” in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Mr. Holecek also counsels individuals and businesses regarding employment matters, including employee management, practices and proceedings.
Mr. Holecek has considerable experience in the field of alternative dispute resolution. He has served as a court appointed arbitrator and has successfully completed Professional Mediation Training provided by the Ohio Supreme Court, including Advanced Family Mediation Training. He has fully satisfied the requirements established by the Supreme Court of Ohio Dispute Resolution Section under Rule 16 of the Rules of Superintendence to serve as a domestic relations and family law mediator for all Ohio courts.
- J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1988
- B.A., John Carroll University, 1983
- State of Ohio, 1988
- Supreme Court of Ohio, 1988
- Unites States Supreme Court, 2002
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1998
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2006
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2011
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1999
- Martindale-Hubbell’s Highest Possible Rating in both legal ability and ethical standards, AV (Preeminent)
- Honored as an Ohio Super Lawyer, 2012 2013 and 2014
- NBTA Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel