Charles A. Hayes
Charles Hayes (“Drew”) is involved in the practice of all aspects of intellectual property (IP) law with a focus on patents and trademarks. Drew regularly works with clients to formulate and execute a personalized IP protection strategy that meets each client’s business needs.
Drew prosecutes United States and foreign patents in the software, electrical, radio-frequency, and medical arts. He also has extensive experience obtaining and enforcing trademarks in the United States and abroad.
When he’s not practicing law, Drew volunteers as a website administrator for local not-for-profit organizations and is fluent in several programming languages. He can often be found tinkering with a car, or at a local track day.
Privacy & Cybersecurity
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2007
- State of Ohio, 2007
Memberships / Honors / Awards
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member and Past Chair, IEEE Cleveland Section
- Member Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, International Trademark Association
- J.D., Capital University School of Law, 2007
- B.S.E., Electrical Engineering, Geneva College, Cum Laude, 2004