Christopher A. Holecek
With over 25 years of experience in all aspects of civil litigation, Christopher Holecek has tried numerous jury cases throughout the country covering a wide spectrum of complex legal matters, including product liability issues, commercial disputes, trade secret misappropriation, catastrophic personal injuries, and other significant negligence cases.
In addition to his extensive trial work, Chris has successfully argued cases in multiple appellate courts including the United States Fifth, Sixth, and Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as Ohio’s Eighth, Ninth and Eleventh District Appellate Courts. Chris attained Martindale-Hubbell’s Highest Possible Rating in both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards, A-V. In addition, Chris is board-certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA). Chris is also proud to have been selected by his peers as “Ohio Super Lawyer” each year since 2012.
Chris also counsels individuals and businesses regarding complex employment matters, including various employee issues, employee practices, and risk management proceedings.
Chris has extensive experience in the field of alternative dispute resolution. He routinely serves as a court appointed arbitrator and has successfully completed Professional Mediation Training as provided by the Ohio Supreme Court. Chris also serves as a mediator for the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and regularly acts as a private mediator in workplace disputes involving claims of discrimination, harassment and wrongful discharge.
Labor & Employment
Privacy & Cybersecurity
- State of Ohio, 1988
- Supreme Court of Ohio, 1988
- Unites States Supreme Court, 2002
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1998
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2006
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2011
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1999
Memberships / Honors / Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell’s Highest Possible Rating in both legal ability and ethical standards, AV (Preeminent)
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® 2021, Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Ohio Super Lawyers® 2012 to 2021
- NBTA Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1988
- B.A., John Carroll University, 1983