Martin L. Kerr
Martin Kerr has counseled a wide variety of clients ranging from agile, entrepreneurial companies to more well known, multi-billion dollar corporations. Utilizing his business acumen, Marty advises clients on a diverse and often complex range of business transactions (i.e. purchasing/sales agreements, regulatory compliance matters, and licensing agreements).
Marty also has significant experience in negotiating long term supply and sales agreements. This work has allowed him to develop a holistic approach to a transaction which takes into account both legal and business concerns.
Some of Marty’s past and present endeavors include:
- Developing a supply chain contract process for a multi-billion dollar global organization
- Developing and executing a strategy to combat unauthorized and counterfeit sales of product online
- Negotiating payment systems agreements with large banks
- Advising companies on the potential impact of new regulations
Prior to joining Wegman Hessler, Marty was employed as a financial analyst and contract and compliance manager for large global organizations where he developed a long term approach to balancing both legal and business requirements. He also worked as a project manager for a smaller organization where he developed and executed plans for new revenue streams.
- State of Ohio, 2017
Memberships / Honors / Awards
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Cloverleaf Youth Baseball, Treasurer
- J.D., Master of Business Administration (International Finance), University of Akron, 2016
- B.S. Accountancy, University of Akron, 2003