Steven E. Pryatel
Steven Pryatel represents a number of privately-held companies, their owners and individuals in commercial transactions, including the negotiation and purchase and sale of businesses, divisions, and product lines. Steve routinely counsels clients in selecting and establishing new legal entities including C-Corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies.
Steve has regularly represented multi-national public and private companies in complex commercial transactions including distribution and supply agreements, joint ventures and mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Steve’s experience includes:
- Establishing a new operating entity in Russia for a multi-national company while working with banks and regulatory authorities
- Establishing a wholly-owned subsidiary in Mexico for a publicly held company
- Negotiating and drafting an acquisition agreement for a privately held company related to its French, Polish and Belgium distributorships
Steve counsels clients on day-to-day business issues, including matters related to financing, contract negotiations, executive compensation, and corporate succession planning. He also advises and assists in real estate transactions including purchases, sales, leases, financing, construction, subdivision, zoning and environmental matters.
In matters regarding employment, Steve counsels on employment, deferred compensation, separation, non-compete, restrictive covenant, trade secret and confidentiality agreements.
- State of Ohio, 1986
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 1989
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2002
Memberships / Honors / Awards
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1985
- B.S., Xavier University, Magna Cum Laude, 1982