Rachel E. Lyons
Rachel Lyons represents individuals and families with the transfer of wealth throughout the generations. Her practice focuses on probate law, including estate planning, estate and trust administration, and probate litigation.
Rachel works closely with clients in her estate planning practice to customize a plan to fit their unique needs – whether it be individuals nearing retirement age, couples with young children, or business owners dealing with succession planning. She is skilled in the preparation of wills, trusts, durable general powers of attorney and advanced directives, and offers practical solutions to clients dealing with complex family and financial situations. In her estate and trust administration practice, Rachel compassionately counsels clients as they navigate the emotional loss of a loved one and ensures that inherited wealth is administered and distributed appropriately and efficiently.
When disputes arise, Rachel implements a strategic and efficient approach to resolution. Her years of experience as a litigator combined with her estate planning and administration knowledge places Rachel in the unique position to understand the practical and legal issues facing clients involved in probate litigation. She considers it a privilege to be her clients’ strongest advocate and is committed to seeing each matter through to a successful conclusion.
- Ohio, 2013
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2015
Memberships / Honors / Awards
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Recipient, Case Western Reserve University School of Law Dean’s Scholar-Full Tuition Scholarship, 2010-2013
- Recipient, CALI Excellence for the Future Award®, 2011
- Appointed to the 2018 Ohio State Bar Association Leadership Academy
- Featured in the August 20, 2018 Ohio State Bar Association article: “6 inspiring women lead a new generation of lawyers”
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2013, cum laude
- B.A. Valparaiso University, 2010, summa cum laude