Trust and Estate Planning
Wegman Hessler assists our clients in identifying and understanding their particular wishes concerning the use of their property during their lifetime and its distribution following their death. We help clients avoid common pitfalls and determine the legal documents and estate planning tools that best suit their individual needs and circumstances.
It is important to keep in mind that estate planning is an ongoing process. Each estate plan should be reviewed and updated as life progresses to be certain that goals and objectives are still being met. The lack of an adequate estate plan can create unnecessary financial and personal burdens on your family and loved ones.
Some of the specific services we provide are as follows:
- Last Wills and Testaments
- Durable General Powers of Attorney
- Durable Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Living Wills
- Transfer on Death Designations
- Probate Avoidance Trusts
- Tax Shelter Trusts
- Trusts for Children and Grandchildren
- Irrevocable Trusts
- The review of beneficiary designations (i.e. life insurance, IRA’s, and 401(k)s)
- The development of gifting plans to reduce tax burdens
- Charitable Planning
If you have questions regarding any estate plan, or if you would like to review your current plan, please schedule a consultation with one of our estate planning attorneys. We would be happy to meet with you and answer your questions.